Experience: Graduate or Junior level (2 years’ experience)
MYRIAD Group Technologies Limited (MGTL) is an established company based in the City of London but with staff working flexibly and remotely in various other locations including Hong Kong (HK), Melbourne (AU) and Boston (US). MGTL provides market-leading software via its MYRIAD platform and associated products, delivering powerful Vendor and Network Management solutions spanning the complete lifecycle of risk and oversight governance for buy and sell side vendors, cash/securities network management, and Client onboarding units at corporate and investment banks and correspondent banks.
Underpinning the governance, risk and compliance disciplines, our products enable institutions to support operational excellence with collaborative technology that unites departments and drives efficiency. Rationalising fragmented ways of working and generating economy of effort are central to the value that we deliver to our clients.
MGTL places the highest priority on Information Security as embodied in its Information Security Management System. This includes its Policies aligned with ISO/IEC ISO 27001:2013 Controls as appropriate to the scope of MGTL’s activities.
MYRIAD is a powerful vendor and network management solution offering multiple modules that deliver performance, cost management, automated workflow control, rolling due diligence, and sophisticated reporting for actionable intelligence.
CODUDE addresses the increasing burden of regular due diligence with the AFME questionnaire. CODUDE brings together ‘requesters’ and ‘responders’ in a single platform designed for the bilateral exchange of information across multiple counterparties.
Embus offers an efficient, comprehensive and cost-effective technology solution, reducing the time it takes to onboard a Client, enhancing the Client experience, providing transparency and accountability throughout.
The successful candidate will be involved in many aspects of MGTL’s technical environment and work alongside other members of the Technical team, Client Operations team and the company as a whole. MGTL’s clients and prospects are currently enterprise organisations (large banking institutions) and, as such, technical aspects must strive towards comprehensive and stringent standards in terms of security, availability, and reliability. The technical environment includes the hosting and provision of core products (MYRIAD, Embus and CODUDE) and a number of in-house web-based applications and services. The hosting of these services includes standalone client-specific physical servers and instances (third party hosting), Cloud hosted VM’s and instances (Google Cloud) and development, client support, marketing & proof-of-concept servers, instances and tools. In addition, there are a number of on-prem (client-hosted) environments which MGTL supports through differing degrees of technical access. The role will touch on many of these aspects and extend also to the internal IT infrastructure e.g. Microsoft and Google tooling, office networking. You will demonstrate flexibility, problem solving skills, self-motivation and a strong desire to apply your ability to learn.
Purpose and Duties
- Shadow and assist members of the Technical and Client Operations teams across a range of areas e.g. development, deployment, hosting, security, business analysis, testing
- Assist with analysis, development and delivery of solutions for processing of incoming data
- Assist with internal projects e.g. prototype work with Document AI, ISO27001 and compliance related assets
- Bring a fresh pair of eyes to help shape the future direction of MGTL’s products and associated tooling and materials
Skills and Experience (preferred)
- Graduate in a relevant area e.g. computing, mathematics, data science, technology, etc. or Junior Developer with 2 years’ experience
- Some experience of operating systems (e.g. Windows, Linux, etc.) and applications (e.g. Excel, Word, Google Drive)
- Some knowledge of Internet delivered products and services and technical terminology related to these e.g. Cloud, Single Sign On, Multi Factor Authentication
- Some knowledge of application development technical terminology and techniques e.g. Back-End, Front-End, API, Version Control, Continuous Integration
- An interest in the use of technology in the finance industry
- Some experience in presenting ideas and information e.g. workshops and demonstrations
- Agile methodology
- Knowledge of MySQL or Oracle databases
- Intellectually curious, strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Able to fit in and work comfortably with our small teams in an approachable manner
- Keen communicator with an excellent grasp of the English language (other languages would be a bonus)
- Meticulous attention to detail and documentation, repeatability and consistency
- Self-starter equally capable of fine detail and bigger-picture thinking and problem solving
Package & Benefits
- Office based location (City of London) initially. Flexible long-term.
- Competitive annual salary
- 25 days annual leave
- Pension contribution
- Personal & professional development support
- Friendly & flexible working environment
- Applications can be made by providing a current C.V and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom without sponsorship
- You must be eligible for UK Security clearance “SC” check